Fireworks can be sold in Derby between June 27 and July 5.
- Shoot fireworks where you buy them.
- Fireworks purchased out of state or outside the city limits may be illegal in the City of Derby. Possession of illegal fireworks, such as bottle rockets or sky lanterns, is a misdemeanor and may result in confiscation and a fine of up to $500.
Selling & Discharging Fireworks
June 27-July 2 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
July 3 & 4 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. (selling)
July 3 & 4 8 a.m. to midnight (discharging)
July 5 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Please be courteous to your neighbors and follow these rules.
- On any street in the Derby city limits.
- On public property, including parks.
- From, into, out of, on, under, or in the direction of a car, whether moving or stationary.
- Within 100 feet of a retail fireworks stand or facility where fireworks are stored.
- Within 100 feet of a gasoline pump, filling station, or building in which gasoline or flammable liquids are sold in quantities of more than one gallon, except in locations where flammables are handled in sealed containers.
- Call 911 to report the illegal use of fireworks only.
- Sedgwick County will staff a fireworks/nuisance, non-emergency line, 290-1011, during the following times:
- 6 p.m. July 1 - 2:30 a.m. July 2
- 6 p.m. July 2 - 2:30 a.m. July 3
- 6 p.m. July 3 - 2:30 a.m. July 4
- 6 p.m. July 4 - 2:30 a.m. July 5
- 6 p.m. July 6 - 2:30 a.m. July 7